Friday, April 17, 2009

The Cost of Following Jesus

Greetings Divas & Gents,

This morning I ask the Lord to give me something that would make you think. He gave me these scriptures and it just blew my mind.

Matthew 8:18-22 (New International Version)

The Cost of Following Jesus
18When Jesus saw the crowd around him, he gave orders to cross to the other side of the lake. 19Then a teacher of the law came to him and said, "Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go."

20Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head."

21Another disciple said to him, "Lord, first let me go and bury my father."

22But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."

To break this down a little bit in these scriptures Jesus is being direct with his people. He was just letting them know that hey this is not going to be easy or comfortable. Following Jesus means great cost and sacrifice and no brownie points from anyone. You will find that following Christ will cost you popularity,friendships,leisure time, treasured habits, relationships, and sometimes even family! But remember that even though the cost of following Jesus is high and may be lonely at times,the VALUE of being Christ disciple is even higher. Following Christ is an investment that last for eternity and yield incredible rewards! So stay focused and stay on the path! I love you all. God Bless!

Your True Diva,
Angela Showers
Founder/CEO

No comments: